Originally Posted By: Mignon
Why do some people have to have scientific proof for this and for that?
WOWZA.

Quote:
I believe in miracles, guardian Angels.
A miracle is something that is scientifically impossible. Many improbable events occur daily; that they do happen is evidence alone that they can happen. Why must peeps interpret this as some sort of divine intervention?

And why can't the same peeps recognise the inherent contradictory selectivity of such a divine intervenor? Why would an all-knowing, all-loving God help some and not others? He seems a bit of a huffy, volatile [BadWord] to be honest.

Quote:
Just because I can't see an Angel doesn't mean they aren't there.
Same with the fairies at the bottom of my garden.

Quote:
We don't get to decide who goes to Heaven or who goes to Hell. That is up to God.
Why would God ever send somebody to hell? If he knows everything, surely he can account for why people do the things they do, what made them that way, and forgive them their ignorance as a result of poor education and an advanced bourgeois society that embraces greed and profit. Surely he knows all of those humane reasonings. Oh, wait; maybe he doesn't - maybe he's the anthropomorphic product of self-projecting blood-thirsty absolutist self-serving backward-thinking fear-mongering state-loving liberal (make-)believers...

Hm. I'm starting to sound desperate - frustrated, even.

Ignorance is bliss.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?