Originally Posted By: J Geoff
I had almost forgotten about the simple thing known as Faith, which transcends any argument on the contrary. And knowledge helps a lot, too. I don't have blind faith; I research now and then and find things don't conflict nearly as much as nonbelievers might think.
'Religious faith' = devoid of rigour, of cogency; a big unanswered why, to which we must all bend over backward lest we 'offend' such philistinism. Meanwhile, those who don't believe are 'going to Hell', will have 'God to answer to' in the final post-death analysis. Absolute fucking crock of shit.

Many avoid the God hypothesis by substituting 'God' with 'Nature' or some sort of 'Enveloping Magical Force'; that's giving nature an agenda, an interventionist frame with which we might (and do) defend a number of things in the name of 'human nature' (what!?).

Faith is inherently blind. It doesn't refute any scientific endeavour; it stands in spite of such endeavour. Which is why it isn't progressive, which is why it's inherently anti-intellectual.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?