Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
So what happened to JR? Why's Matt Stryker taking over his commentary duties on Smackdown now?

what i heard is that he had tests done on his head. just to make sure he doesn't have brain damage since he had an recent attack from Bell's palsy a couple weeks (or month) back.

Jim Ross Blog
Health update:

"Yours truly is awaiting some important, medical test results that I hope to have sometime this week. I am of the belief that they will provide good news and refuse to believe any thing else. It goes without saying that I sincerely appreciate all the get well wishes and prayers from so many of you.

Since making many, overdue life style changes I have been feeling great the past several weeks as I await the aforementioned medical test results and the facial nerve to kick start.

With my personal health still my most important issue, I am not stressing about any contractual issues or negotiations and nothing has changed on that front or my mindset regarding such since I last addressed this matter. All my contractual issues are still in motion and being discussed."