Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I'm sure Phillies fans here are ecstatic about getting Halladay with a contract extension. The rich keep getting richer!

It was a deal the Phillies were forced to do. Lee was demanding Sabathia money to sign an extension, which the Phillies were unwilling to commit to. Halladay had told the Phillies that he'd be willing to sign with them for less. Halladay is a bit of an upgrade from Lee, who performed very well in the postseason. Halladay has an incredible track record with an 18-6 record against the Yankees. He's also torn up the NL. He throws harder than Lee, and is better suited for Citizen's Bank Park than just about anyone.

The Phillies had to part with Kyle Drabeck, who is the top pitching prospect in baseball and the guy the Blue Jays wanted all along. I was sad to see that happen. But the prospect the Phillies received looks like he'll be exciting to watch.

The other prospect the Phillies gave up was outfielder Michael taylor, whom I've seen play plenty of times in AA. He reminds me of Mike Cameron. MAny teams were interested in him, and I understand the Blue Jays will likely deal him to Oakland.