I respect King in that he does have a tremendous imagination, and the amount of good (and bad) movies based off his short stories/novels is quite numerous and astounding.

And yeah he is prolific, but I think King at his worst at times can just job his plots and characterize people with contrived convenience so he doesn't have to waste time thinking it through and dish out another book by the Christmas market. It says something when a stilted thriller like THE MIST is "faithful." I rather have a good movie, thank you very much.

For example, lets look at THE DEAD ZONE novel of his. You have an opening with the hero as a kid getting his psychic powers, and eventual villain revealed to be a rotten ambitious son of a bitch. King goes on and on with the in-depth backstory of all these characters, relevant or not.

As David Cronenberg's terrific movie showed, you don't need all that bullshit. Indeed the best King adaptations from THE DEAD ZONE to CARRIE to SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION to CHRISTINE and GREEN MILE and yeah even Kubrick's THE SHINING....they all realize King has great ideas.

Keep them. The rest, well at your own risk sunshine.