I previously posted about two judges in Wilkes-Barre, who were indicted for corruption in a scheme where they received kickbacks from a juvenile detention facility. These clowns were sending unrepresented kids to detention for periods of 6 months for minor infractions where the probation office recommended only supervision. The judges' plea agreement of 87 months was rejected by a federal judge as too lenient, so they withdrew the pleas and await trial.

Hearings have been held recently, in which the DA, Probation office, and court personnel were grilled over how this practice went on unchallenged for so long. It has become very embarrasing. The judges pocketed nearly $3 million dollars. I couldn't care less about the money though because the outrageous part of this was their unjust imprisonment of hundreds, if not thousands, of kids. I have never seen a more vile episode of public corruption.

In the same county most of the schoolboard for Wilke-s Barre School district were indicted for pressuring newly hired teachers to pay them an average of $5,000.00 for their jobs. And in another story a few state legislators were indicted with staff members for funneling public funds tofor their own campaigns. They also stole public money to run an anonymous smear campaign against a local representative, who opposed pay increases for the representatives and chastised those who supported the unpopular pay hike.