Sopranos, a blend of drama and dark comedy, follows more in the footsteps, style and approach of Goodfellas, rather than the Godfather.

Olivant, I cant wait for your GF2 analysis. In the meantime, allow me to offer my GF3 transcript, which I posted here in the past. I'm pretty sure it will convince you that GF3 is the greatest comedy since Duck Soup:

As usual, it starts with a big ceremony... but to cut things short, heres the full transcript of gf3 in 15 lines:

- Michael has some Tony Bennett records in the kitchen as well as a nice sausage sandwich waiting for him.

- Meucci is an Italian-American who invented the telephone one year before Alexander Graham Bell did.

- Zasa has a stone in his shoe.

- bite,bite (In the heat of the argument Vincent suddenly remembered he forgot to eat dinner, so he tries a piece of Zasa's ear.

- Archbishop Gilday smokes a cigarette.

- Michael meets with a bunch of Sailors...they all agree that their ships must all sail in the same direction.

oh yeah and Gilday smokes another cigarette during the meeting.

- a couple of old ladies order a contract on Saza's life.

- cuz,cuz,kiss,kiss (mary and the bastard)

-Joey Saza is big time: His picture is on the cover of the New York Times magazine AND he gets the Esquire magazine award, for the best-dressed gangster.

- Gilday...cigarette # 3 (or 4,kinda lost count)

- cuz,cuz,cook,cook,kiss,kiss

- Al Neri got demoted to bellboy (helps Michael to get in and out of the car and carry his briefcase)

- Gilday....yeah thats right, another one.

- A pair of glasses are the most lethal weapon in the world.

- Gilday...guess what?

- dad?dad?

- screeeeeaaaaaammmmmm

- Michael's carpenter is not so good with chairs.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)