The Sopranos might be very violent but a lot of it is funny, Paulie just makes me laugh every time I see because of his jokes and facial expressions. The only violence that I don't like in The Sopranos is the violence that shows women being beaten, I greatly respect women so I don't enjoy watching those scenes, but other than that the violence can have humor to it, the scene where Paulie hit that guy in the back of the head with the shovel made me laugh for days. My point is The Sopranos is an entertaining TV show, it's not meant to stereotype Italians and to give them a bad image, it's meant for people's entertainment and enjoyment. I'm very proud of my Italian heritage, and honestly the Italians protesting against Mafia-related entertainment really piss me off, now if there was something like a movie who's main idea was that Italians are bad people than I would understand, but the Mafia portrayals show nothing more than entertainment, there are a lot worse scum out there than the Mafia, I don't believe that the Mafia gives Italians a bad image.

Ya know one thing about us wise guys? The hustle never ends.- Tony Soprano