Originally Posted By: SC
I LOVE how he can take a story and make three or four separate sub-stories all come together in a neat bundle at the end.

He has a wonderful gift (the ability to tell a story) but even more than that, he is a true genius by virtue of him coming up with the ideas about the stories.
Ditto to what SC said so very well! He's a delightful storyteller, and the deep insight into all of his characters is what makes me wish I could continue reading about them even when the story's over. He gives such amazing descriptions of everything, and I truly love the details.

I guess I got started on him by watching the movie versions of The Shining first, and I've since read that novel, along with Misery, Desperation, The Stand, Carrie, The Green Mile, and Hearts in Atlantis. Since I was little, I've always been a bit OCD with my reading, trying to make sure I take in all of the details, so I'm quite slow in doing so...but I've got about ten more by him that I'd love to get to someday. Anytime I have a chance to do non-school reading, it's by him.

The Stand is what I most recently read, so I'd really like to check out the miniseries.