It's probably just my fault because the recipe said to cook the potatoes "about half an hour" and that's what I did. I should've checked sooner. But I did what they said: I sliced them. Course I wasn't sure how thick the slices were supposed to be so I made them fairly thick, about half inch, with the skin still on (how can you remove the beautiful red skin? tongue wink )

The recipe was pretty vague on a number of things:

"1 large onion" -- How large? They couldn't say 2 cups of diced onions or something?

"4 TBSP bacon pieces" -- What's that mean? How many strips of bacon is that? Pre-packaged crumbled bacon? I could've used packaged crumbled bacon but I used 4 slices then chopped it. Can't have too much bacon. wink

"2 tsp garlic puree" -- Again, they're making me guess. I pureed about 6 cloves and it was close enough.

Olive Garden serves it with kale, probably because it stays crunchy longer. Either one works, though.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations