Well, it was last night's lunch/dinner, but I cooked for the first time in my new kitchen. Wow, I need more counter space. whistle

Anyway, I did a version of Olive Garden's awesome Zuppa Toscana, which is a sausage and potato soup I've been meaning to try making forever. One of my favorites!

I followed this recipe as a guide but substituted canned chicken broth for the bouillon/water, escarole for the kale (the grocery store was out), and red-skinned potatoes for Russets since they didn't have those, either. The latter wasn't a good substitute as they mostly fell apart and disintegrated; maybe they needed to cook less, though. I also added some shallots to the onions and garlic.

Other than that, it came out pretty darn good and next time it'll be even better as I adjust. cool

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations