Here are the 3 sports headlines out of Cleveland today:

1. Indians fire manager Eric Wedge. Being the class act that he is, Wedge will finish out the season as manager. I've disagreed with some of his managing style, but the man is a high character individual. He's had horrible starts to the seasons in 5 of his 7 years as manager - that was ultimately why he was relieved of his duties.

2. Eric Mangini contradicts his own statements during training camp that he will name a starter prior to the season and stick with it. After 2.5 games, he makes a switch. Mangini has been taking a beating in the national media ( Is Mangini the worst coaching hire ever? or Quitting seems possible as Browns join NFL's worst).

Mangini obviously made a lot of enemies in his three seasons as NY Jets coach. Now they are out for blood.

No matter who is at QB, the Browns still are a bad team. I would roll with Quinn for the following reasons: 1) the team spent a #1 pick to get him and he has started 5 games; he needs to start a full season to make a proper assessment 2) he has a good college background from Notre Dame and is not worth giving up at this stage, 3) he has no running game to support him and has one offensive weapon (Edwards) that defenses have to cover. I don't care who the QB is under those circumstances, nobody will succeed.

3. Delonte West still a no-show at Cavs camp. Not a way to start a season for one of the team's starters - a team with aspirations of winning a title in LeBron's contract year.