Originally Posted By: Beth E
Now all of a sudden the "office" needs respect, not the President. That's funny, when the Bush bashing was going on all people could say was how he was the President and deserved respect.

Why should people be upset that The President is speaking to kids. No one mind that Bush was reading to children during 9/11....the man who can barely put two sentences together. I sure hope it was a pop-up book.

Why is it that anytime somneone disagrees with what this President does, it always reverts back to Bush? confused What in the world does former President Bush have to do with what current President Obama is attempting to do? What does his reading to kids have to do with President Obama speaking to kids confused

Now if you want to talk about respecting the office of the President and bring out skeletons from the closet, we can always talk about former President Bill Clinton and how he direspected the office of the president! wink But that would have absolutely NOTHING to do with what this President is attempting and what's being discussed about it. It would only serve to divert from the real topic that is being debated.

Personally I don't see what's so bad about his wanting to talk to the children of our country and the importance of education. But perhaps it's because I am not that familiar with the content of that talk that he will be giving to the children.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.