Looking back now, most of his movies were lame. However, back in the day, I looked forward to his 3 movies a year. smile Not many of them truly stand out, but there are a few I really enjoyed.

Among my favorites (Jailhouse Rock & King Creole). I love the early ones.

Yet, of the what I'll call "fluff" films that were entertaining and had good songs, Viva Las Vegas comes to mind. I love is version of What'd I Say, and of course the whole Vegas backdrop is appealing to me; Girl Happy was just on and I caught the last 15 minutes of it. Kissin Cousins wasn't bad.

But, the real appeal was just how fine Elvis looked. wink Even looking today at these old films, reminds me of how he was so easy to look at.

I do miss Elvis. If he were still alive, I have no doubt he'd be playing Vegas often and I'd be seeing him more than just a few times.

I am so glad I did see him at least once (in 75). I'll never forget it.

TIS

P.S. Ever notice that nearly (a few exceptions) all of Elvis' female co-stars were never seen again? Hmmm

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/16/09 06:28 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon