Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Kly, my stepson (15 years old) is hooked up with a travel ball team that is 18 and under. They are paying his way because they want him on the team so bad. He just had his first tournament this weekend and he said it was overwhelming facing 18 year old pitchers throwing in the high 80's and even some in the 90's.

That's great, blibble. Keep me posted. My son, J, does alright batting against fastballs, but it's the off speed stuff mixed in that sometimes frustrates him. It's nice that they're paying his way too as some of these teams can get costly.

I think that it's a great learning experience to play against older boys. You get better faster when you're thrown into an older age class. Sounds like you will have lots of fun watching him play.

Just wondering what areas do you go to play? Our team tries to stay within 2 hours, which would encompass Philly, Baltimore, Allentown, D.C., Williamsport, etc. We also have a nearby complex of four outdoor and 2 indoor fields that the team loves. One of the fields has the same general dimensions of Fenway Park, complete with a Green Monster. Of course, everyone wants that field, and they try to schedule tournaments so that everybody can play there. We're there this weekend.