Originally Posted By: goombah
Another player in the deal was a catcher, so I expect Victor Martinez to be gone, if not by tomorrow, during the offseason.

Here's my final thoughts on this lopsided deal. When the Indians traded Cy Young Award Winner Bartolo Colon, they got good value in return: Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore, and Brandon Phillips. I know what some of you will say - the same thing could happen here. This is why it will NOT: 1) The Colon deal was with the Montreal Expos. They were being overseen by MLB and were being dismantled to form the Washington Nationals franchise. 2) Prospects in deals like this can develop into bona fide stars. But all of these players given up by Philly are 2-3 years away from the big leagues.

Marson, the catcher, is not viewed as an every day player, but I do expect the Indians to deal Martinez. Boston has the prospects and the need, but I think they'll snag a starter.

MLB really decimated the Expos when they took the team over. Montreal had the best farm system in the 90s and were still good in the early 2000s, but they are decimated now.