Originally Posted By: goombah
What I don't get, BAM, is how they went from 1 game of the World Series not even two years ago to such a joke of an organization. That 2007 team was so good that Cliff Lee was in the minors because he had a horrible year.

I went through this with the Giants in 2002. They went from 3 outs away from a championship, to a complete joke. However, they have finally started to build up the farm system and have made two trades in the last 48 hours that aren't destroying the minor league prospects but helping the team this year and at least next, so for the first time in over five years I'm excited!

Goombah, that brings me to a question I wanted to ask you a couple of days ago. What are your thoughts on Ryan Garko, since you've been watching him the past few years? Giants fans have been realistic and know he's not going to come in and make the franchise a World Series contender, but he's an immediate upgrade at first base (as is Freddy Sanchez at second) for the club. I would like to know your thoughts and feelings for the guy.

And, for what it's worth, I'm sorry you have to go through a fire sale with your favorite team. At least you still have Victor Martinez and Sizemore, for the time being anyway.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes