While I fully acknowledge that I genuinely despise Roethlisberger, I am somewhat skeptical of this story. I just read the amount the accuser is suing the QB for: $440,000 (source: Yahoo Sports) If this woman was just in it for the money, wouldn't we expect her to try to get an award in the millions since the accused obviously has that kind of money?

I hope that no assault did take place because it's just plain wrong. But it would not surprise me in the least if he did do it. Isn't this the same guy who thought he was invincible when he nearly died riding his motorcycle without a helmet? While the act of assault is quite obviously different, it's still the same mentality of many of these athletes thinking that they are indestructible and can buy their way out of most legal jams.

It's interesting to note that Roethlisberger's attorney did not deny that sex took place between his client and the accuser. Rather, the attorney said "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone." In the end, they'll probably throw some money on the table and settle this thing. Regardless, his name and image will be viewed differently from this point forward.