Thanks for the welcome - I figured that if anyone here had seen this little gem, it would be you, TB! wink

I taped the film when it had its first TCM airing close to a year ago. Then, I noticed they gave it had another showing quite recently, but due to the ongoing problems with my home computer, I couldn't post anything to the BB in time.

Though about 90% of Mafioso was shot in Italy, there was some location filming in NYC toward the end. It was a little strange seeing some parts of New York (not necessarily the "touristy" areas), in gritty black and white, that have long since vanished. I certainly remember those areas, or areas just like them. Brought back some memories, to be sure.

I've read that the DVD release of Mafioso features a nicely restored print; I'm quite certain that this was the same version shown on TCM. The network seems to have changed its Sunday late-night lineup, so I'm not sure if and when it will be shown again. But I'm pretty sure it will eventually get another airing.

Meanwhile, one can always purchase the DVD. (I think that the film's IMDb page has links to Amazon.com.)

But again, I recommend this film to those out there who want to see an excellent and different type of Mob-themed film.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."