I just can't seem to pick this book up and finish it. It's a roller coaster ride in reading! The writer goes from typical mob street talk to what seems like LSD induced dialogue. Some of the quoting that he does is just too detailed to be real. Same with some of the scenerios that he writes about. Just a bit too detailed to be believable.

If he had researched and wrote this book 20 years ago, I would say that it was very possible that he spoke to people who were privey to some of these conversations and scenerios. But I find it extremely hard to believe that there are still enough people around or even alive who could provide him with such detail.

A whole lot of quoting goes on in this book of suppossed conversations that took place, in private, almost 50 years ago! He quotes conversations that took place between people that are no longer alive! Personally I think that his writing, dialogue and scenerios are nothing more than his own made up interpretations of what took place.

At times, the book shows some promise and is interesting, but then the writer goes off on a babbling tandem right in the middle of an interesting part.

Yeah, Crazy Joe was this 'Chic' artistic gangster, but this author just seems to over do it a bit on the 'Chic' part of the Gallo persona.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.