Originally Posted By: goombah
Another Cleveland sports team circling the drain. I have reached my breaking point with sports in this town and there is no turning back. I can't root for other teams because I view that as being a front-runner. I lost the last of my fervor for Cleveland sports yesterday after Game 4.

The Indians put a stake through my heart in the 1997 World Series and the final nail in the coffin in the 2007 ALCS. The Browns have been in the Top 5 worst professional sports organizations since returning to the NFL 11 years ago. The Cavs will probably win one more game this series and then lose this town's best opportunity for a ring in the 38 years I have been on this earth.

Maybe Mrs. goombah better hide your belts and shoelaces. smile Just remember: it's only a game, and the true joy of following sports lies in the journey and not the destination. I know you're a very loyal guy, and I appreciate your determination to remain a Cleveland fan.

But, for God's sake, it's not too late for your son. Get him a Terrible Towel and a Santonio Holmes/ Ben Roethlisberger/James Harrison/Jack Lambert (all Ohio boys) jersey, so he can taste true happiness. wink grin

If the Penguins win their series against Detroit, all of my favorite teams from the NBA, MLB, NFL and NHL will have won championships in a 12 month period. That's more luck than I deserve.