I'm (still) vehemently against a movie.

I can't see how it would be anything other than an extension of "story". By that I mean, a financial cash-in; even with Chase on board.

I've no real interest in people rising up vicious ladders, in seeing how things "came to be"; unless of course there'd be some sort of critique alongside it, of the capitalist system that allows such exploitation to happen. But feature films rarely do that, especially when they're funded by and catered for the mainstream.

The whole narrative structure of the show and its approach to storytelling and thematic fabric depended entirely on the serial form.

A film would kill that; utterly. If it's a sequel, it'd completely flatten the show's end, make the show completely redundant. If it's a prequel, it may as well be a completely different film altogether, set in a different universe. The Godfather Part II: Part II would be so clichéd. But of course, the financiers wouldn't allow a different filmic world to happen, because that wouldn't have the same commercial potential or appeal as one in which the characters (and all their stories) are basically already written.

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 04/23/09 02:11 PM.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?