Originally Posted By: Ice
Another I watched fully for the first time was Gone With The Wind (1939), which I pretty much declared as one of the top 10 Smash-Hit, Can't-Miss Blockbusters EVER, here on Capo's board. A must watch for anyone even remotely interested in cinema. And I know it might disappoint some of you ladies to know this, but, the hopeless romantic in me held out hope all the way that Scarlett would get her wish and end up with Ashley,.. NOT Big-Ears. wink

Another showing again tonight, as TCM is giving 15 select viewers from around the country the opportunity to be guest programmer for a night, as part of the station's 15th anniversary celebration! grin (It was also the FIRST film ever shown on TCM.)

And this is a film that absolutely gets better with a second viewing (I'd really like to read the novel, the ONLY work by Margaret Mitchell).

Gone this time from my viewing experience are all the dreams of Ashley Wilkes and the Old South; the Knights and their ladies fair; no, the second viewing is all about the absolute electricity that resonates between Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable. As the guest programmer stated - to see the electricity and ROMANCE generated between thee two actors on screen is truly life changing, from a personal as well as artistic standpoint.

That said, the beginning written narration, which proceeds the incredibly unique opening credits to the film, is one of the greatest openings to any movie I've ever seen (And that's giving all respect to Bonasera and Vito's opening exchange).

'...Look for it only in books, for it is no more than a dream remembered.' wink