Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
My family's candy store is going to be featured in U.S.A. Today in the travel section on April 10th. Apparently Ralph Lauren's daughter has several candy stores in New York and my parents store was her inspiration uhwhat.

This has been a cool year for their store actually. It was used in a photo shoot for some magazine (taking pictures of a model). It was also used for some Asian Documentary and my dad is going to be in it, answering questions about candy in English, which I desperately hope to see! There was also a movie filmed on the main street of Carmel recently and it looked like the store was used as a background.

Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two
Blibbleblabble's Dad, oh Blibbleblabble's Dad
Blibble's Dad can 'cause he mixes it with love
and makes the world taste good.

I'll be buying the USA Today Friday for sure. By the way, Carmel is a logical locale for a candy store. smile Have you ever had interest in working in the family business?

On the food channel I once saw a segment about a guy, who operates a specialty chocolate shop in San Francisco. He learned how to make exquisite chocolates in Switzerland, and opened up his own small shop where he makes a controlled amount of candy daily (just enough to get by), sells it, closes the shop and goes surfing or something.