Sarkar:

This is in a sense a remake of The Godfather, as in the story very similar. But this is set in an Indian context. The movie credits The Godfather as its inspiration in the credits. Though not in the same league as The Godfather, Sarkar (literally means Government) is a decent effort. The title role, played by the veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bacchan, wields supreme political power in Maharashtra(capital:Mumbai), though he is not a politician and is just a criminal chief. People come to him for justice outside the system. The similarity doesn;t end just there. There are equivalent story arcs of Michael (played by Abhishek Bacchan, real-life son of Amithabh), Kay, Appolonnia, Sonny and Fredo (the last two are combined into one character). Cinematography is pretty good, but everything else ranges from average to mediocre. BTW, it combines plot elements from both GF and GF2.

====
Sarkar Raj:

This is the sequel to Sarkar. However this is not related to Godfather movies in any way. The main characters of father and son are continued from the first part (yeah, the father doesn't die like Vito, in Sarkar). Aishwaraya Rai is an addition to this cast (who BTW is real-life wife of Abhishek). The movie alternates between bad and ridiculous. The first part, in spite of not achieving quality anywhere near Godfather is still an enjoyable movie with a decent premise. This one is atrocious.

-----

BTW, Don_is_Dead, traditionally Indians don't wear footwear inside their homes, rich or poor. So it is contextually appropriate. I hope that your irritation is just borne out of unfamiliarity with the culture and not something else (you know what I am talking about, but I don't want to speculate).