I usually don't post sad news because I don't want to bring people down, but there is a happy story to go along with it. Last week four Oakland police officers were shot and killed by one man. It started after he was pulled over by two motorcycle cops and they discovered he was wanted for violating his parole.

Believe it or not about 60 people marched and protested in support of the killer! Sick people.

Anyway, the good part of the story is that the fourth police officer who died in the hospital was an organ donor, and four people's lives were saved because of his organs. I think it's pretty cool that even after he died he was still able to save the lives of four people.

There was a funeral service at the Oakland arena where 21,000 people showed up. I was on my way to work while police officers were coming from all over the Bay Area. It was a cool commute because every minute or so there was a group of about 10 police vehicles with their lights all flashing on the way to the funeral, and on most of the highway overpass' was a firetruck parked with it's lights flashing and firemen lined up to honor the police driving by underneath.

Stuff like this makes me appreciate the police even more. It's too bad most people hate cops, just because of a few bad eggs. But even the bad eggs put their lives in danger.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes