Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Originally Posted By: Mignon
SB, Do you want your hard earned tax dollars to go to someone who is healthy and can work if they want to but choose not to because it is easier for them to sit on their lazy ass and get paid for it rather then actually go to work and earn a pay check?

Lazy ass?? Do you really think that the vast majority of people who receive public assistance are sitting home on their lazy asses? Do you understand how ridiculously poverty-stricken someone has to be to even qualify?? Federal poverty levels are ridiculously low and haven't been adjusted properly in YEARS.

Maybe you see a lot of lazy ass people where you live, but the people I know who are on public assistance would give their eye teeth for a job. They swallow their pride only for the sake of their children. I'm sure there are drunks and drug addicts who are on public assistance, just as there are working ones, too.

Until we stop providing billions of dollars in no-bid contracts to corporations, billions to bankers who made poor investments, trillions on unnecessary wars, I see the pittance we spend on the poor as a non-issue.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"