Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Lilo,
I think that most of these politicians that get caught is not because they're stupid. I think it's arrogance, plain and simple. They have so bought into their own sense of power that they believe that there is no way they can get caught.

In my former life, I had to deal with politicians all the time. Whenever we gave a luncheon or dinner, we would always make sure to recognize the elected officials in the audience. If, God forbid, we missed someone who came in late or something, you cannot believe the phone call we would get afterwards! Ego, ego, ego.

You're probably right. I just can't imagine either having the time to do all that nonsense at work or being so profoundly arrogant/dumb as to think there wouldn't be consequences. If any of those relationships had gone sour, Kilpatrick left himself wide open for harassment charges. In my workplace it's drilled into people that you DON'T mess around with people that work for you. But as you say Kilpatrick likely thought he was above all that.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.