Originally Posted By: SC

I agree with that, SB. If I ran my company into such poor shape I'd be out on my ass. The same SHOULD be done to these banks and corporations (like Citibank and GM). However, I also understand that just the sheer size of these entities makes it virtually impossible for the government to turn its back on them.

It isn't fair but it's necessary.

We never should have allowed these industries to be so enmeshed with the US economy that they hold us hostage. So now the question then becomes how long can a bankrupt government keep propping up a bankrupt industry?

We need some new thinking. First get RID of all the management personnel---they failed, they're fired. Second, we find the most creative people in the land to take these companies over and completely overhaul them -- for example maybe retool those GM/Ford plants to make needed products like canned goods and ammunition instead of paying them taxpayer dollars not to make cars people don't want to buy. Dunno...just brainstorming.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"