Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
The former is at once a hilarious and blunt depiction of a funeral; the latter is some sort of literary version of a Robert Altman film, with an all-seeing 'eye'. Incredible stuff. The book in general is a work of genius.

I'm also reading The Plague by Camus.

And Anarchism by George Woodcock.

The funeral scene contains a reference to a man in a macintosh hat. I believe that someone figured out after Joyce's death that it was a character from Dubliners , James Duffy, I think, from a 'A Painful Case.'

The 'Wandering Rocks' chapter is certainly a mind blowing experience. You're tempting me to pick up my copy of the novel.

Are you reading The Plague for a class assignment or for personal enjoyment?

Also, Capo, have you read Finnegan's Wake ? I've tried years ago and stuggled with it. But if you ever get the time to tackle it, I think you'll be able to get a lot out of it.
I'm reading the Camus for a module called "Trauma, Psyche and Modern Literature". Looking at the depiction and recording of trauma in a lot of post-Holocaust lit, using key theories from Freud and the trauma theorists. It's good. I took the module for the Camus alone, and I haven't been let down.

Haven't read Finnegan's Wake, but it seems a logical progression after I'm done with Ulysses; I tried to read it years ago but found the waters too deep and cold, having jumped in youthful haste.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?