Thanks for the details, Lilo.

From my neck of the woods comes this disturbing story. A young man (in his late 20s) was crossing the street and was hit by a car. The driver stopped shortly after, not sure if he had, in fact, hit somebody. The victim was lying in the street and was hit by another car and became wedged under the car. The second car dragged him for 20 miles ( eek ) and the driver thought something was wrong. He got out of his car, checked under the hood, and couldn't see anything wrong so he started to drive again. It was only at this point that somebody walking down the street saw the body being dragged and waved down the car to stop. The driver was dumbfounded.

Police ruled this an accident (albeit a particularly gruesome one). Neither of the drivers was charged and both had clean driving records.

What I find disturbing though is that the widow of the victim is screaming that SOMEBODY has to be blamed.

OK, granted if I was a surviving spouse of an accident like this I'd be very upset too, but WHY does SOMEBODY have to be blamed? Isn't is possible that it was just an ugly accident? The facts and evidence certainly support that.