Originally Posted By: goombah
Blibble:

Are you old enough to remember/appreciate the 1980 or 1983 Super Bowl wins by the Raiders? Granted one was from Oakland, the other when they were from LA? I remember Kenny King getting a screen pass in the 1980 game from Jim Plunkett and going 80 yards for the TD. The two images from the 1983 were the famous Marcus Allen cutback run for a TD and the Jack Squirek INT for a TD off of Joe Theismann.

I was too young. 4 and 7 years old. What little I knew about football at that age was pretty much limited to Joe Montana. It was hard not to be a 49ers fan during that time, but I never really embraced them like all my friends and family did. I always loved the silver and black of the Raiders, and became a dedicated fan when they moved back to Oakland. I was too young to feel the heartbreak of them moving to Los Angeles so it didn't bother me when they came back like it did a lot of older fans.

My teams have come close but can't win that final game/series. Klydon's string of good luck is the opposite of me in 2002-2003 where the Giants came within 3 outs of winning a championship and blew it, and then the Raiders lost to former coach Gruden and the Bucs in the Super Bowl. crazy

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes