Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Originally Posted By: goombah
Originally Posted By: klydon1
My sports luck is bound to dry up. My favorite teams in basketball, baseball and football have all won titles in a seven month period. This never happened to me before although in 1980-1 all three waon a title.

You've had more luck in 7 months than I have had in 37 years! The only title I have legitimately celebrated in my lifetime was the 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes football BCS championship.

I'd love to say that the Cavs have a good chance this year, but I've walked down that road too many times before. As a Cleveland sports fan, when I start getting suckered into believing in my teams, it inevitably ends up like Charlie Brown going to kick the football thinking that Lucy will somehow not pull it away (again) at the last second. And then she does...

Very well put Goombah! I know exactly how you feel! I wouldn't mind going my whole life without the Raiders or Warriors winning a championship if it meant the Giants could win their first since moving to San Francisco. I will die happy if, major if, that ever happens.

Blibble:

Are you old enough to remember/appreciate the 1980 or 1983 Super Bowl wins by the Raiders? Granted one was from Oakland, the other when they were from LA? I remember Kenny King getting a screen pass in the 1980 game from Jim Plunkett and going 80 yards for the TD. The two images from the 1983 were the famous Marcus Allen cutback run for a TD and the Jack Squirek INT for a TD off of Joe Theismann.