Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I'm proud because it shows class on New York's part. It shows we still appreciate a good performance, even if it comes from a visiting player.

The Knicks have been bad for basically the past decade and yes the fans haven't had much to cheer about. But that doesn't make what Kobe did any less special. Those people just witnessed history.

Class and loyalty to your team are two different things. When Kevin Millwood threw a no-hitter against the Giants I wasn't proud that my team was a part of history. I was embarrassed that my team couldn't get a single hit.

I'm learning that New York fans are idiots. I don't care how long the Knicks have been bad for. The Warriors are bad this year after two good years. Before that they were bad for 13 straight years. Yet the place still sells out every night no matter how bad the team is, and the fans cheer for their team, not the visiting team making history on behalf of how bad they suck. In my opinion that is something to be proud of.

Fickle fans are F-ing retards.

First off, I'm not a fickle fan (I just appreciate a good performance). Secondly, it appears we disagree. I guess I just have a love/appreciation for "the game" as so many others have alluded to me in the Yankees thread when I hate the Red Sox yet MUST tip my hat to a good performance. Same rule applies here.