Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling by Bret Hart

Probably the best book on pro wrestling I've ever read. Hart pulls no punches in telling his story, from growing up as the 6th of the 12 children parented by Helen and the legendary Stu Hart, wrestling for his dad's Calgary wrestling promotion Stampede Wrestling, to becoming one of the biggest stars in pro wrestling history, only to have it ripped away by Vince McMahon and his cohorts.

He paints a very different picture of the Hart family, describing most of his siblings as selfish, self-centered, bitter people. He goes into detail about the many deaths in pro wrestling, many of which could have been preventable. He speaks affectionately of his brother Owen, as well as his parents Stu and Helen, and goes into great detail about the Montreal Screwjob, and how it all came together. He also tells us what he REALLY thinks about Shawn Michaels (it ain't nice.)

It's a great read for any wrestling fan, but especially the ones who respect the art of what pro wrestling USED to be, before it became the stupid, perverted mess it is today.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis