I thought he struck the right tone in the address and not going for the soaring oratory of which we all know he is capable. This was an honest evaluation of what we need to do as c ountry to right ourelves, and a moment to remind us that we are all in it together.

To me his most important line was the quote from St. Paul about putting away the things of a child. This was a clear call to everyone to stop the nasty partian bickering that has been going on since the '60's on BOTH sides, and to start acting like grown ups.

I have seen on these boards many people who did not vote for Obama and who actively questioned him take the position that they wish him well because if he succeeds, America succeeds. These people are to be congratulated.

I regret to say that my generation, the "boomers" have failed miserably at governance. We have two presidents for our entire generation, neither of whom are going to be Mt. Rushmore material.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."