Originally Posted By: Longneck
How was the 49ers game?

It was awesome! It was more special being there with my Dad more than anything though, especially because he is a Niners fan. It was a meaningless game as far as the season goes, but it was an exciting come from behind victory over Washington and turned out to be more important for three different reasons.

1. Frank Gore ran for over 1,000 yards for the third season in a row which is the first time a 49ers running back has ever done that, which is hard to believe with all of those great teams in the '80s and '90's.

2. Right after the game they gave Mike Singletary the coaching job for the next four years, and that's huge news around here because he is already loved by the fans.

3. It was Joe Starkey's final game as the 49ers play-by-play announcer after 20 years. They gave him a very nice tribute during the game and the crowd cheered as loud for him as anything that happened during the game. On the radio post game show we listened to him give a tear jerking farewell to everybody.

In the end, it was just special to be there with my Dad for our first pro game together, and his excitement over that plus those three things made it more special.

One thing I noticed is that the game seemed slower in real life. The quarterback seemed to have more time to throw the ball, the ball seemed to fly through the air slower and the receivers/running backs seemed to run slower. I guess the cameramen really know how to capture those moments to make it more exciting for television. That's not a knock on the sport though. It was exciting to see it all live!

Last edited by Blibbleblabble; 01/05/09 01:56 AM.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes