I was at the Shea concert, not the night of the recording because I remeber It was not raining. It was a well anticipated show, The Clash were the hottest band around and it happened overnight. Earlier that year in May I caught the Clash in Asbury Park. Scalpers could,nt give tickets away. I was with a group of 8-10 friends and we bought tickets a few blocks from the convention center for $10. As we got closer to the venue we noticed that supply far out weighted demand. The Clasn blew the roof off the convention center. A truly moving experience.

At the end of the Summer I tried to catch them at the Pier in NYC. It was such a hot ticket. No tickets to be found. One scalper attempted to sell tickets to a Kenny Rogers Show ( From the Previous Night) for $40 a ticket just to try and get in. Did not get into the show.

The Concert was a good show. David, post New York dolls pre Buster Poindexter, Johanson was also on the bill. They did,nt turn the lights down or give him volume for his set.

The Clash did a killer set, but they did,nt crank the volume.

It was all about the Who. When they came out it was bright lights and maximum volume which was unfortunate.

At the time you felt The Clash would be around for a while, but it turned out to be the last time I would see them live.

I did get to see Mick Jones with BAD a few years later in there golden era.

Live at Shea is a good CD. butI like from here to Eternity better. Even thought it is a compliation of live material over several years, it is a better representation of Live Clash

"Francis can I have a momment"