Originally Posted By: svsg
Lot of optimistic people here... I don't share your enthusiasm TIS/RRA. He has been talking, talking, talking... he should pause for a while, accomplish some things and then make more promises.

And do what exactly now? He aint President for another 2 months.

I just think President-Elect Obama has some potentially good ideas, like his "America 2.0" goal approach, or how apparently he has NO plans to raise the corporate capital gains tax for 2009 and maybe 2010 too (that'll piss the liberals off).

Another is that he wants to also have the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) back off on raiding medical marijuana farms, and instead re-direct those resources and manpower to the Mexican border to combat that epidemic stemming from the border towns in Mexican being run de facto by the drug cartels....which I think is a good pragmatic approach.

Also, as reported on Fox News, Obama apparently is NOT in favor of reimposing the "Fairness Doctrine" at the FCC, which if the Liberals in Congress get their way, would force for example FOX NEWS programs to have an "equal" dissent voice (i.e. Liberal) .

From his campaign website:

[i]Sen. Obama does not support reimposing the Fairness Doctrine on broadcasters. He considers this debate to be a distraction from the conversation we should be having about opening up the airwaves and modern communications to as many diverse viewpoints as possible. That is why Sen. Obama supports media-ownership caps, network neutrality, public broadcasting, as well as increasing minority ownership of broadcasting and print outlets. [i]

Wouldn't it be something if President Obama becomes the best friend for the Right-Winger shitheads like Limbaugh and Hannity?

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 11/09/08 01:20 AM.