Originally Posted By: Ludovico
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Lompac

In totality, the US government has failed spectaculatly at smashing the families of NY.

Well, maybe they haven't "smashed" them into oblivion, because, let's face it, people are always going to gamble and need to borrow money. But the government has done a pretty good job of putting boss after boss away.

Research aside, I'll speak from experience. I grew up in the heavily Italian Belmont section of the Bronx and still live in the northeast Bronx when I'm not in Florida. I'll tell you this much: these guys are nowhere close to what they were. And I ain't no kid. I'm 49 years old, which is old enough to remember when they were a powerhouse.

Will the government ever completely eliminate them? No, but they'll never be what they were.

Exactly.

Lompac you gotta remeber that law enforcment has brought them down to such a point that they're all basically regional in influence now. It's almost like they're nothing more than some more organized italian-american street gang now to be honest, don't get me wrong, the mob is still the mob but... eh, not as powerful as they used to be, I wouldn't be surprised if a gangbanger decides to hop up and do a driveby on a wiseguy soon.

Not true at all, Ludovico. The FBI considers La Cosa Nostra as the strongest criminal organization in the country. Sure in places like New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Scranton, Denver, and Dallas the mob is done. However in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal, Tampa/Florida, Las Vegas, California, and Kansas City the Mob still is considered very strong and have a lot on influence. Are they as strong as they were in 1980? No, but the Mob is still very powerful in the underworld. Some dumbass gangbanger wouldn't be that fucking stupid to clip a made guy, not gonna happen.

Last edited by BDuff; 10/12/08 12:14 AM.

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos