Originally Posted By: Ludovico
Blacks haven't always been on the lower end of the OC ladder, I'd provide examples but the above posters already did.

But with the political ambitions of even some of the gangs out there are starting to dabble in influence. I'm just saying it's only a matter of time. Why are so adament in beleving that the underworld won't EVER change? I think we see that it has/does constantly (usually with each decade, sometimes more time sometimes less time) and for you to say it won't ever happen is a little naive to me. I'm not saying theres historical precedent of black organzied crime groups haveing the political clout the old time mob did, but I am saying that it's gonna happen with every crime group eventually, it's only a matter of time really. Some economic factor here, some political event there, etc. I don't see why it's so hard to beleive that the organized crime scene is gonna change.

Like I said before, black groups have been primarily invoved in mid-to-lower drug trafficking. Barnes, Matthews, and some others were at the mid-level. They certainly weren't at the bottom but they weren't at the top either. Whether Lucas was is debatable.

I never said the underworld won't change. It changes year to year, decade to decade. I said that organized crime groups in the U.S. no longer have the political influence once enjoyed by the Mafia in past decades or by other crime groups in other countries. And even if that were to change for some unforseen reason, it probably would not be a black group.