Originally Posted By: Tyler_Durden
Is it a set percentage?The higher you are up the ladder the less you kick up,or the more?It doesn't make sense that an associate would kick up more of his money than a made guy,since he doesn't enjoy the same benefits a made guy does.
I got the impression from "The Sopranos" that everyone kicks up 10 points of their money,but i read somewhere on this site that John Gotti's captains sometimes kicked up even 80%...

And also...in "the Blue Comet" episode,Butch mentions that the NJ family has "redundant upper management" that "bleeds of half the kick".What does he mean?

It really varies from crew to crew, Family to Family. In the latest Gambino indictment it was alleged that the administration - D'Amico, Cefalu, Corozzo - were collecting 10% of the Family's profits. Gravano gave a pretty detailed account of how much money he turned over to Gotti, which was about 80%, but that figure never made sense to me as it is an extremely high percentage for the Boss. But even if that were the case, not all of Gotti's Captains kicked up that big of a percentage. It is well known that Gigante took little or no money off his Captains in the later years, as he was already very wealthy and didn't need the money. In fact, the Genovese Family is known for allowing it's crews to keep a bigger percentage of the money they bring andhaving to kick up less money up the ladder.