Very good Santino. Funny you post that now. I just finished watching a PBS special on Italian Americans that's making me very nostalgic. wink

I can relate to almost all of them.

You have many relatives named either Joe or Mary... This is true, but in my family Tony was a big name. I had a brother and a cousin (named after my grandfather)with that name and I married a Tony who's male first cousins (3) on his mom's side were also "Tony" (named after the same grandfather) lol Holidays were a lot of fun. If someone said "hey Tony!" lol

You grew u p in a small house, but you still had two kitchens. (One was in the basement) This is absolutely true. We usually only ate in the upstair kitchen in the winter when it was too cold in the basement.

Connie Francis songs makes you cryJust heard "Mama" on the PBS "special" and brought tears to my eyes. tongue

You feel strangely comfortable when you sit on plastic-covered furniture Not really comfortable, but my mom left the plastic on the living room furniture when I was a kid. rolleyes I think she finally removed it because it even annoyed my dad. lol

You know all the words to "That's Amore" Pretty much yea. I made it a point to have it played at my daughter's wedding. It just seemed like a "must." wink

You are offended when the wedding you attend serves less than 9 courses despite the fact that you don't eat half of it. Not offended. Doesn't really happen these days. I do notice though if I don't get enough to eat. tongue I do remember the looks on my friends faces if they joined us at my grandma's house for the holiday when I was a kid. Ha ha ha Thinking back, it was hilarious. And they thought we were done after the past/sausage/meatballs. lol Don't know that we'd have 9 courses but at least 5/6. Damn, how the hell we'd eat so much?

This could be a thread on it's own with all the Italian Americans we have here. Lotta fun reminiscing.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/14/08 07:27 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon