Originally posted by Moscarelli:
Although, we all know that the movies don't always go completely by the book (i.e. Vincent Mancini... ohwell )
Yes, movies don't always go by way of the book. However the character of Fredo in the movie is also a character in the book, and is very closely based on the character of Fredo from the book. Vincent is a character who is not based on any character from the book, he is the total creation of the writer of the movie script and therefore he could be portrayed in any manner that they want for the movie.

There is another passage in the book that I also found very interesting. It is when Clemenza and Paulie are driving Kay back to the hotel after the wedding, and while they are talking, Kay asks what kind of business is the Corleone family in and she is told that they have become the biggest olive oil importers in America and that "the old man thought that Mike was the best of his sons, the one who would inherit the family business."

Now we know that Vito had says to Mike later on that " I never wanted this for you." But yet Clemenza tells Kay that Vito thought Mike the best to take over the family business.

What we need here is Plaw's input. He is a master at remembering many different parts of the book. Hey Plaw, we need you!

Yes, it may also be time for me to pick up the book again and read it from begining to end.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.