Originally Posted By: goombah
I finally got to watch the final two episodes on Friday night. I thought it was a good wrap up to the series. I purposely avoided reading about the ending. So I guessed that Phil was going to whack Tony at the end when the Soprano family was having dinner. I was surpised that Phil's guys bailed and he was killed instead. And he could not have been killed in a better way, particuarly when the car ran him over.

So what is the general consensus of what happened that the viewer did not see? With Meadow walking in to the restaurant and that look on her face, my guess is that the FBI was ahead of her coming in to arrest Tony.

I don't know if it constitutes a consensus, but many Board members apparently believe that Tony was sunsequently murdered. I don't. I believe that Tony lives, continues to run the family, and either dies peacefully in his bed or gets murdered, but not for years. However, it's kind of silly to guess since the whole series is fiction, it can go either way, but there is nothing on which to base a conslusion.

Last edited by olivant; 08/10/08 04:40 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."