Thanks SB and DS. Yeah I didn't mean to draw attention to myself but the pic wound up on the bottom of the page so...Yeah, Cooperstown was fantastic! My dad and I drove over and I don't remember exactly but I think it took about 5 or 6 hours maybe more, something like that at least. When we got there we were struck by the beauty and quaint nature of the town itself. We stayed at the Cooperstown Motel http://www.cooperstownmotel.com/ which wasn't exactly the Ritz or anything but it was clean had a television, two beds and washroom and what more do you need really?

The museum itself is breathtaking and filled with so much memorabilia and so many artifacts that it will make your head spin. Just being in a place where so many historical events have taken place and the best players to ever play the game have roamed was worth the trip alone. There are many baseball card/memorabilia shops around the museum so if you have kids that are into the game and want souvenirs there are plenty of opportunities for that kinda thing. There are also many restaurants and cafes around the museum that are within walking distance.

Overall I'd say without exaggeration, that it was really the experience of a liftime. I plan to go again soon and I highly recommend every baseball fan to make the trip at least once.