Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Originally Posted By: BDuff
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
[quote=BDuff]These PG-13 sequels to R franchise really bother me, fuck little Johnny and his pre teen friends, I want a real movie! There is talk of making Terminator Salvation PG-13.

I couldn't agree with this statement anymore! But from the studios point of view, it's f*ck BDuff and his older buddies because they feel they can cater to a wider audience with you AND Johnny (then release the unrated DVD for those seeking a "harder," no pun intended, film)

When I saw Live Free or Die Hard in theaters it was packed with thirteen year olds who thought they were hot shit because their mommy wasn't there, disgusting. These tame sequels alienate the orignial fanbase, hopefully the studio will keep Terminator an R franchise.

I agree. I was pissed off during my theaterical experience of TRANSFORMERS because of all the kids in their who wouldn't shut up. But again, the studios don't care. It's more money in their pockets. They're not out to make "quality" films, just to make as much money as possible (hence the reason so many of these 80s franchise movies are being revived for "a new generation" see ROCKY BALBOA, RAMBO, and INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL).

I'm also hearing a sequel (this is an old rumor by the way) that the GOONIES is going to get a sequel, RED SONJA is being remade by Rose McGowan and Robert Rodriguez, and THE BREAKFAST CLUB may get remade as well. Ah, how I love movie studios and their originality! [/quote]

A few months ago it came out that there is gonna be a re-make of John Carpenter's The Thing, a film I loved as a kd because it was the first really gory film I watched. It has aged very well, the effects are still quiet good and the paranoia facot was cool. My guess is the re-make would include some lame young actors.

I remember hearing that FOX told James Cameron and Ridley Scott to stop working on the Alien 5 script because the script for Alien vs Predator had better box office potential. What could have been...

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos