Originally posted by Turnbull:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
[b] Why would Lucy bring him into the family then, to get rich? Good idea though, I'll have to think about that one for a little while.
It's pretty clear in the film that Connie's the one who wants Vincent in the family.
Anyway, Vincent is a creature of GFIII, not the novel. Since the film doesn't mention Jules, but Michael mentions Sonny ("A temper like his father's"), I never questioned that Sonny was Vincent's father. [/b]
Turnbull,

I understand exactly what you are saying regarding the GFIII film and the GF book. I also believed that Vincent was Sonny's son. But in relation to the book, and sticking to Puzo's storyline, I thought it an interesting speculation in regards to the novels telling of Dr. Jules relationship with Lucy. Not totally far fetched. As for Connie wanting him in the family, I could not agree more with that assesment as in the movie she was the one who pushed him on Michael and made Vincent take actions when Michael was out of commission.
Keep in mind though that Lucy was definately Connies friend in GFI and Book, as Lucy was in the bridal party. Maybe they remained close over the years.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.