SC, I heard it mentioned on our broadcast, but only through one source, I believe. Milwaukee Sentinel, I think? Anyway, no certain confirmation that I know of. If true, it's gonna make for a tighter race in our division!

Our game was supposed to start at 12:30 PM (Central) today, got stuck in a long rain delay, and we just lost it now, in the 17th inning. 5 hours and 35 minutes...talk about an all-day affair.

A few innings back, we had an interesting event. Ausmus was at bat and was called out on a strikeout when the ball fouled off his bat, hit the catcher's shoulder, flipped around in his hands, and eventually was caught by him in his glove. Ausmus had an argument, which our announcers later discussed. Quoting the rulebook, it turns out that the ball cannot be caught on a rebound like that, because it must first hit the glove. So in this case, having hit the shoulder first, it could not be caught for an out. The HP umpire asked for help, but as our guys said, since nobody else saw otherwise, it couldn't be overruled. That'd be a case for instant replay. I was interested in learning the details of that rule, which I'd never known fully.