Went to Carrabba's last night for my mom's birthday (she wasn't feeling well last week, but is better now) and, as usual, I thought it was very good for a chain! The mussels app was fantastic, and the calamari is very good. The lentil/sausage soup tasted great, but was pretty thin (maybe the server took it from the top?), but the service was otherwise outstanding -- even the manager was walking around asking if things were okay, and the owner was there as well. I couldn't even fit the entree in (I tried the lasagna - pretty good!) as I was stuffed already, the portions are pretty huge! And I love the open kitchen where you can watch them cook.

While I love Olive Garden's all-you-can-eat soup (Zuppa Toscana) and salad lunch (and that's about it there), I recommend trying Carrabba's for dinner if there's one near you -- it has more of an authentic "family" vibe to it, at least the one here.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations